University of Oregon
1.000 Administrative Organization and Procedures
Title: University of Oregon Affirmation of Community Standards
Purpose: To set forth and affirm a clear and cogent statement of common community standards.
The University of Oregon community is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and the development of integrity. In order to thrive and excel, this community must preserve the freedom of thought and expression of all its members. The University of Oregon has a long and illustrious history in the area of academic freedom and freedom of speech. A culture of respect that honors the rights, safety, dignity and worth of every individual is essential to preserve such freedom. We affirm our respect for the rights and well-being of all members.
We further affirm our commitment to:
· Respect the dignity and essential worth of all individuals.
· Promote a culture of respect throughout the University community.
· Respect the privacy, property, and freedom of others.
· Reject bigotry, discrimination, violence, or intimidation of any kind.
· Practice personal and academic integrity and expect it from others.
· Promote the diversity of opinions, ideas and backgrounds which is the lifeblood of the university.
Unanimously endorsed by the Faculty Advisory Council-- March 29, 2000
Endorsed on a vote of 13-3 by the UO Student Senate-- March 29, 2000
Unanimously endorsed by the University Senate--April 12, 2000
Approved by President's Small Executive Staff and Promulgated as Policy on April 13, 2000
Main Index | Administrative Organization and Procedure |
Academic and Curricular Procedures | Personnel Practices |
Physical Plant, Equipment, Facilities Use | Student Activities and Services |
Finance, Business Affairs Practices and Procedures | Foundation Practices and Procedures |
Safety and Security | Budget Procedures