Responsible University Office And Contact Person
To describe the process and evaluation criteria used for obtaining administration funding of minor renovations.
Send a memorandum fully describing the nature of the renovation need by an official cost estimate prepared by Facilities Services to: Director of Facilities Services, University Planner or Vice-President for Academic Affairs.
These three administrators, acting as a review committee, make quarterly recommendations to the Vice-Presidents for funding. The review committee uses some or all of the following evaluation criteria:
- The projects are comparatively modest in size.
- Funding is not available from other, routine sources, such as operating budgets, grants, building-use credits, and/or supplies and services accounts.
- Timing factor demands prompt action.
- The project is of significant programmatic importance.
- The project involves issues of health and safety of faculty, staff, students, and general public, or the security and preservation of institutional property.
- The project or need transcends building, departmental, or school interests.
02/08/2010 Policy number revised from 6.000 to 06.00.06