To describe the vehicle maintenance and repair program in effect
at the University in accordance with OAR 580-40-030.
- Vehicles under the jurisdiction of the University of Oregon shall be sent to Facilities Services Mobile Equipment Shop or other qualified commercial repair shop for regular inspection reviews. The annual review shall include inspection of chassis and engine components, interior and exterior parts and surfaces, the driver compartment, and all lights in conformance with the vehicle specifications provided by the manufacturer in its Owner's Manual, current State regulations, and OR OSHA requirements.
- Vehicles under the jurisdiction of the University of Oregon shall be serviced/maintained by the Mobile Equipment Shop or other qualified commercial repair shop in accordance with the schedule provided in the manufacturer's Owner's Manual or as can be reasonably scheduled.
- Any vehicle involved in a collision shall be taken to Facilities Services Mobile Equipment Shop for inspection within 24 hours of such incident. This inspection is to be coordinated with Mobile Equipment.
- Departments with jurisdiction over vehicles shall provide each vehicle with a driver's report/trip sheet and shall require that the report/trip sheet be turned in to the Department office at the end of each trip. The report/trip shall include space for the driver to report vehicle malfunctions or problems. Based on these reports, the Department shall make arrangements for necessary repairs as soon as possible.
- All costs for inspections and repairs, periodic and annual inspections shall be borne by the Department having jurisdiction over the vehicle.
Revisions approved by President's staff.
02/08/2010 Policy number revised from 8.000 to 08.00.03