This policy contains matters pertaining to student health services.
All students; employees who interact with the above mentioned matters
Revisions approved by University President Michael Schill on May 4, 2017. Policy renumbered from 580.011.0005 to III.04.01.
Technical revisions enacted by the University Secretary on September 2, 2015.
Became a University of Oregon Policy by operation of law on July 1, 2014.
Former Oregon Administrative Rule Chapter 580 Division 11, Section 0005.
(1) The University of Oregon (University) shall operate or provide student health services to safeguard the health of students through health education, medical treatment of injuries and diseases, and limited counseling services.
(2) Student health services supported by student fees shall be made available to full-time and part-time students who are enrolled in courses taught by University faculty and who have paid the health service fee adopted by the Board.
(3) The University may also provide health services to:
(a) Participants in on-campus, workshops and programs sponsored by the University or under a lease or contract with an off-campus organization;
(b) Persons, during the summer, who were registered for and paid the health fee the previous spring term, intend to register for the upcoming fall term, and pay a fee equal to the fee charged to regularly enrolled summer term students. Sign-ups shall be held during a period in spring term designated by the director of the University Health Center.
(c) Limited follow-up visits, as defined by the University Health Center, for continuity of care for students transitioning out of the University.
(d) Faculty and staff (including pre-employment testing for new hires prior their first day of employment), on a full-cost-reimbursement basis. These services are limited and will be defined by the University Health Center. They must not interfere with the provision of health services to students.
(e) Other persons on an emergency basis, as defined by the University Health Center.
(4) Except as provided for above, no other health care services will be provided.
(5) Health service fees charged to these categories of users shall not be less than the current fees charged full-time and part-time students prorated according to the period of use.
(6) Charges may be made for prescriptions, laboratory services, immunizations and other special services in accordance with regulations adopted by the University.
(7) The University Health Center will neither pay for nor be responsible for bills from private physicians or private hospitals, except in cases of advance contractual arrangements made by the University.
(8) This policy has the force of law and may be appealed by students and staff through the applicable grievance procedures. Community members seeking to appeal this policy may file an appeal with the Executive Director of the University Health Center.
- Volume III: Administration of Student Affairs
- Chapter 4: Student health services
For questions about this policy, please contact the University Health Center at 541-346-8393.