Catering Services on Campus

Last Updated: 
Effective Date: 
Reason for Policy: 

To describe agencies and caterers authorized to provide food and beverage services on the University of Oregon campus.

Policy Statement: 

University Housing is the authorized caterer for events scheduled in University campus facilities.

For the purpose of this policy, catering is defined as the provision and service of food and/or beverages to any group or persons on University property. With prior approval from the Vice-President for Administration or his designee, Departments may use caterers from off campus provided they operate in compliance with local Health Department regulations including a valid license for the specific operation, and complete a Food Vendor/Catering Letter of Agreement. Organized student groups may prepare and serve food within University facilities under the supervision and approval of University Housing and/or EMU.

Service of alcoholic beverages at public events scheduled in University facilities must comply with UO alcohol service standards and guidelines. Copies of the guidelines are available in the Office of the Vice President for Administration.

Exclusions and Special Situations: 


1. Contracts for coin-operated vending machines and leased spaces providing food/or beverages.

2. Erb Memorial Union and Athletic Department food service operations.

3. Food and beverages for the consumption of Department affiliated individuals only and not intended to be served or sold to the general public or campus community.

Reviewed and Approved By: 
President's Staff
Issued by: 
Vice-President for Administration
Revision History: 
03/01/1985  Approved by President's Staff
10/11/2000  Revisions approved by President's Staff
02/08/2010  Policy number revised from 4.000 to 04.00.01
Original Source: 
UO Policy Statement