To provide Officers of Administration (OAs) with a clear, efficient and transparent grievance process when resolution through informal means has not resolved the concerns.
All Officers of Administration (OAs).
Approved by University President Michael H. Schill on February 23, 2017.
Employees may have occasional problems or issues affecting their work-related activities and it is important to resolve these as soon as possible. The university encourages employees to resolve disagreements respectfully through informal, frank, and open discussion. HR and the Office of the Ombuds are two resources available to assist with informal resolutions. However, the university also recognizes that occasionally more formal processes are needed.
The OA grievance process establishes procedures for the fair, orderly, and timely resolution of problems or complaints using a thorough review process. The following principles will serve as the foundation for the OA grievance process:
- The university will deal with grievances expeditiously and fairly.
- Grievances and the proceedings under this policy will be treated with the greatest degree of confidentiality possible. However, limitations on confidentiality may include the university’s obligations to investigate grievance allegations, provide individuals accused of misconduct an opportunity to respond, inform appropriate individuals of the imposition of corrective action, or to fulfill duties imposed by law.
- OAs are protected from discrimination and retaliation in connection with exercising rights under this grievance policy.
HR will maintain procedural guidance for the OA grievance process.
- Volume V: Human Resources
- Chapter 11: Human resources, other
For questions about this policy, please contact the Office of Human Resources (HR) at email@example.com