This policy proscribes certain conduct regarding the university, its property, or activities thereupon.
Anyone engaging in proscribed conduct.
For questions about this policy, please contact Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org
02 September 2015 - Technical revisions enacted by the university secretary
01 July 2014 - Became a University of Oregon Policy by operation of law
Former Oregon Administrative Rule Chapter 580 Division 22, Section 0045
Procedures to impose applicable sanctions may be instituted against any person engaging in any of the following proscribed conduct:
(1) Obstruction or disruption of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary procedures, or other institutional activities, including the University’s public service functions or other authorized activities on University owned or controlled property;
(2) Obstruction or disruption interfering with freedom of movement, either pedestrian or vehicular, on University owned or controlled property;
(3) Possession or use of explosives, dangerous chemicals, or other dangerous weapons or instrumentalities on University owned or controlled property, unless authorized by law, Board, or University rules or policies;
(4) Detention or physical abuse of any person or conduct intended to threaten imminent bodily harm or endanger the health of any person on any University owned or controlled property;
(5) Malicious damage, misuse or theft of University property, or the property of any other person where such property is located on University owned or controlled property, or, regardless of location, is in the care, custody or control of the University;
(6) Refusal by any person while on University property to comply with an order of the President or appropriate authorized official to leave such premises because of conduct proscribed by Section A of this policy when such conduct constitutes a danger to personal safety, property, educational, or other appropriate University activities on such premises;
(7) Unauthorized entry to or use of University facilities, including buildings and grounds;
(8) Illegal use, possession, or distribution of drugs on University owned or controlled property;
(9) Inciting others to engage in any of the conduct or to perform any of the acts prohibited herein. Inciting means that advocacy of proscribed conduct that calls on the person or persons addressed for imminent action, and is coupled with a reasonable apprehension of imminent danger to the functions and purposes of the University, including the safety of persons, and the protection of its property;
(10) Violating University Policy for Intercollegiate Athletics as described in Section 8 of the Internal Management Directives (“Intercollegiate Athletics”), specifically including the subsection thereof entitled Code of Ethics.