This policy outlines matters pertaining to credit for college courses taught in high schools.
All individuals affiliated with the UO who interact with the above mentioned matters.
For questions about this policy, please contact the Office of the Provost at (541) 346-3186 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revisions approved by the University President on July 2, 2018 following approval by the University Senate in spring term.
Revisions approved by the University President on March 19, 2018 following approval by the University Senate on 2/28/18. Policy renumbered to III.08.06.
Became a University of Oregon policy by operation of law on July 1, 2014.
Former OUS Internal Management Directive 2.030.
The University of Oregon (University) may offer college-level courses taught for credit in high schools to serve high school students.
- These course offerings shall be at the postsecondary level and in addition to high school-level courses required for graduation. When courses are taught at the high schools, course materials shall be the same as, or equivalent to, those of the University of Oregon, as determined by the faculty through institutional and departmental curricular review processes.
- Student eligibility for university-level credit courses will be mutually determined by the sponsoring institution and the high school.
- The University will determine the registration processes and tuition.
- Earned credits and grades will be transcripted by the University.
- Instructors of college courses in high schools shall meet the University’s academic qualifications for faculty in the discipline being taught, and shall be approved and reviewed by the University’s departments. University faculty may also teach college courses to high school students.
- University policies for teaching/course evaluation practices will be followed.
- For credit for colleges courses taught in high schools, the University will also adhere to the latest Higher Education Coordinating Commission standards.
- Volume III: Administration of Student Affairs
- Chapter 8: Admissions, Oregon residency