To clarify the rules related to caterers and other groups providing food service on campus. This policy does not pertain to the sale of food or beverages through vending machines or by businesses that occupy leased retail spaces in University owned or leased facilities.
Those using and working in UO catering and dining services; those hosting events with food service on campus.
University Housing – (541) 346-4277, email@example.com
02 August 2018 - Revisions approved by the university president; policy renumbered 04.00.01 to IV.09.01
08 February 2010 - Policy number revised from 4.000 to 04.00.01
11 October 2000 - Revisions approved by the university president's staff
01 March 1985 - Approved by the university president's staff
Food and beverage served or catered on University of Oregon (UO or University) owned or leased property must be provided by University Catering. University Catering is the authorized caterer for events scheduled in University campus facilities. University Catering is authorized to establish additional procedures regarding operational details such as delivery, bookings, cancellations, set-up, and disposition of unused food.
Beyond the exceptions listed below, individuals or organizations desiring to have food or beverage catered to approved campus locations by other food providers must receive prior written approval from the Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment Management or his designee.
All off-campus caterers must operate in compliance with local health department regulations and be able to provide proof of a valid business license for the specific operation and a certificate of liability insurance.
Service of alcoholic beverages at public events scheduled in University facilities must comply with UO Alcohol Service Standards and Guidelines. Copies of the guidelines are available in the Office of Risk Management. A “Request for Permission to Serve Alcohol Beverages” form must be completed and approved prior to any event.
Exceptions and Exclusions:
1. Department of Intercollegiate Athletics food service operations.
2. Approved food vendors during the ASUO Street Faire and similar festivals.
3. Food and beverages for the consumption of department affiliated individuals only and not intended to be served or sold to the general public or greater campus community.
4. Organized student groups may prepare and serve food within University Dining (kitchen use subject to availability), under the supervision of a UO Dining provided and certified food handler and with the approval of University Housing.
5. This policy does not pertain to the sale of food or beverages through vending machines or by businesses that occupy leased retail spaces in University owned or leased facilities.
- Volume IV: Finance, Administration and Infrastructure
- Chapter 9: Purchasing and contracting