To articulate guidelines around official university relationships with and advocacy of the state and its political instrumentalities.
Employees of the university
15 July 2021 - Policy renumbered (from OAR 580.022.0020 to UO Policy V.11.09)
17 March 2015 - Senate-proposed revisions approved by the university president
01 July 2014 - Former Oregon Administrative Rule. Became UO policy by operation of law
(1) Except for the president and designees, no employee of the university is authorized to represent the university to the Legislature, its members or committees, to the Office of the Governor, and to the Executive Department and its Divisions.
(2) Nothing in this rule shall be construed as inhibiting an employee of the university from exercising the right of citizenship in a personal capacity, or be construed as inhibiting any employee of the university from appearing before a body of state government identified in this rule in response to a request from that body.
(3) Faculty members are encouraged to visit the Legislative Sessions and Hearings with students in the interests of furthering the effectiveness of organized class work, or to respond to requests from the Legislature for establishment and maintenance of special involvements such as student intern programs.
- Volume V: Human Resources
- Chapter 11: Human resources, other