To set forth and affirm the standards for behavior that promote an inclusive and respectful university community.
All members of the UO community, including students, faculty, staff, and others affiliated with the University.
For questions about this policy, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 541-346-3159 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
10 June 2022 – Policy revisions approved by the University President. Policy renumbered from 01.00.10 to V.04.03.
08 February 2010 - Policy number revised from 1.000 to 01.00.10
13 April 2000 - Approved by the university president’s Small Executive Staff and Promulgated as Policy
12 April 2000 - Unanimously endorsed by the University Senate
March 29 2000 - Unanimously endorsed by the Faculty Advisory Council and endorsed by vote of 13-3 by the Student Senate
The University of Oregon affirms its commitment to the advancement of knowledge and promotion of respect for all. A culture of respect and inclusion, both in-person and in online forums, that honors the rights, safety, dignity, and worth of every individual is essential for this community to thrive and excel. The university further affirms its commitment to the freedom of thought and expression of all its members.
We further affirm our commitment to:
- Practice personal and academic integrity and expect it from others.
- Value the rights, dignity, and essential worth of all individuals.
- Respect the privacy, property, and freedom of others.
- Reject bigotry, discrimination, violence, or intimidation of any kind.
- Promote the diversity of opinions, ideas, and backgrounds that contribute to meaningful intellectual discourse.
- Foster equity and inclusion in pursuit of a welcoming, safe, and respectful community.
- Volume V: Human Resources
- Chapter 4: Workplace